• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

5 gal rimless...ELOS E-light powered

Holy ***T! Are you serious? So that cube alone must have cost you like a good $800 without even a single rock or livestock? What's so special about the light that makes it so expensive?

Anthonyjiz said:
Holy ***T! Are you serious? So that cube alone must have cost you like a good $800 without even a single rock or livestock? What's so special about the light that makes it so expensive?

Well...it has pretty amazing light output for a fixture its size. Oh....and you pay for the name Elos.

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Welcome aboard and nice tank! If I may ask, what brand is the tank itsel? I am looking for a nano and that tank looks perfect!

I work in Tenafly so if you got it at a local store i would love to get one as well!

Thanks!

Rod

Anthonyjiz said:
What else could that light be used on? Only picos?

The E-light comes with and was designed for the ELOS mini (20 gallon). I have an ELOS mini, but later upgraded my lighting to an AI module...so I had the e-light sitting around. Thats the story.

rodclement said:
Welcome aboard and nice tank! If I may ask, what brand is the tank itsel? I am looking for a nano and that tank looks perfect!

I work in Tenafly so if you got it at a local store i would love to get one as well!

Thanks!

Rod

I have no idea what brand the tank is. I picked it up from Greenwich Aquaria.

As promised....new pics!

I added a small clown fish as well as a pistol shrimp. They yesterday I got a shipment of Zoas: Blue hornets, Super spidermans, king tut gold, polar express, and a few others. No pics of the zoas...yet.

IMG_2162-vi.jpg

IMG_2163-vi.jpg

IMG_2155-vi.jpg

IMG_2170-vi.jpg

IMG_2168-vi.jpg

IMG_2172-vi.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Nice updates, can't wait to see the zoo pics.

I have that same pistol shrimp and he did not pair up with my goby as hoped. I don't know if that is your intention or if you just really liked him (as I did).

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Man that is one nice fish store!!! Worth a roadtrip! How far a drive from Englewood? That little tank is awesome!

Rod

mnat said:
Nice updates, can't wait to see the zoo pics.

I have that same pistol shrimp and he did not pair up with my goby as hoped. I don't know if that is your intention or if you just really liked him (as I did).

Thanks

I hope that the pistol and goby pair up.....but thus far they have stayed away from each other. *fingers crossed*

rodclement said:
Man that is one nice fish store!!! Worth a roadtrip! How far a drive from Englewood? That little tank is awesome!

Rod

Yea...its a great place...expensive....but nice. I can get there from Englehood in about 40 minutes ....usually less.