• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

$500 For a New Stand????

I just spoke to my LFS that is getting me the new tank and they want $500 for a new stand!!!!!! That is NUTS!!!! I can buy a new tank for $650!!!

Anyone know where I can get a stand for less than that?

I know its gonna be a hike for you but have you tried Tropiquarium or Hidden Reef. Both of them have pretty resonable prices for tanks/stands. I just cant believe how much that is. You could build one for less then half that.

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
This may sound silly but whats wrong with the old stand?
Could you get a metal stand and skin it with the old one?

Hidden Reef wants $280 for the stand. If the girl I spoke with is correct. $700 for the RR tank though. Thats 72"x24" right

Is that for just the stand, or stand and canopy?

Just the stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know its gonna be a hike for you but have you tried Tropiquarium or Hidden Reef. Both of them have pretty resonable prices for tanks/stands. I just cant believe how much that is. You could build one for less then half that.

It's about 45 minutes from me, but to save half it may be worth it!!

This may sound silly but whats wrong with the old stand?
Could you get a metal stand and skin it with the old one?

Jim....this is the second tank I have had that has sprung a leak. So I can only figure that it is that stand. The floor in concrete so it's not that.

Hidden Reef wants $280 for the stand. If the girl I spoke with is correct. $700 for the RR tank though. Thats 72"x24" right

Where is Hidden Reef?? All I need is the stand. The tank is on it's way through warranty.

Here's the catch hidden reef is in Levittown, pa. It's in our sponser section. Address should be there.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Tropiquarium is a good spot for the stand.... But they dont deliver... u have to pay for delivery and that starts at 100 bucks for me (08857)

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
One word of caution, make sure the stand is made of wood. Some of the cheaper stands are made out of composite with a wood or vinyl veneer. If they get scratched or dent the composite will swell and the stand will be weakened. Look inside the stand to check.

Bob

If its for a new tank make sure the stand is from the same company or you will void the warrenty.

i make custom stands for poeple on this site and some others,real stands that you can park a car on lol,and i dont kill poeple with price just pay for mat and a little for my time and we got a deal,if you want i have lots of pics of what i have done,give me a yell and maybe we can work something out 18fisher