• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

65 to 120 Upgrade

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well DB was totally useless and their customer service leaves something to be desired.

In short, they told me to buy a Perfecto top trim piece.

With the cracked frame and the scratched front glass (and I don't even have sand in my tank!!!), I think I'll be shopping for a new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is this the 120 Brian?

That's not very good customer service at all if they suggested you buy parts from a competitor, lol. :eek:

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Is this the 120 Brian?

That's not very good customer service at all if they suggested you buy parts from a competitor, lol. :eek:

Yep the 120, here is their response:

The top frame is a single molded unit – the entire piece would have to be replaced.

We don’t sell direct to consumers, and we don’t sell replacement frames, but Tropiquarium may be able to order you a Perfecto 48x24” frame which will definitely fit.

DBP Customer Service
Deep Blue Professional

Might be time for a 200DD upgrade. :D

Brian check with ultra corals. I'm pretty sure they have a working relationship with DB. Maybe they can help you out. On the other hand the 200DD is my dream tank so that would be a great replacement. Just don't use any eshopps magnets.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Just don't use any eshopps magnets.

Never again! :mad:

When I had the floor/carpet done, I had them put tile out 48" from the wall even though the tank was only 24" deep, so the 36" depth of the new tank should be no problem. Don't ya just love when things work out. :D

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They always say, things happen for a reason! :cool:

Now, will you build a new stand for the 200DD or just buy a premade one?

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
As awesome as the 200DD sounds. I was at my LFS on sunday studying their 300DD and 3ft deep is a LOT of tank. I can barely reach the back/bottom of my 120. I'm thinking it would stick out a little too far in the room and mess up the Feng Shui.

The other thing stopping me from getting the 200DD is the midget stand for them. Marineland does not list the heights of their stands anywhere, but the DD stands are about 6" shorter than the standard stands. So I would have to build a stand, or at minimum a 6-8" riser for the tank, and that is not something I'm looking to do right now. I need the setup to be as plug and play as possible.

Was talking to Mike about this yesterday...it used to be that a 4 ft tank was a perfect size because all the fixtures predominately 4ft...at least the T5s. But now like with Mikes tank 5 feet is not big deal you just add another unit of LEDs. So maybe a bigger 5 or 6 foot tank?

Gotcha that is a good reason. 120 is a great size I can reach all parts of it without a stool or anything you should be able to also.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Things are looking good in the 40B. Acans are still recovering and are getting nice and fat again. Some acros I got from Feng's are encrusting on their frag mounts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385847667.807487.jpg

Picked this little guy up at AO yesterday along with two MP-40's for the new tank.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385847811.156277.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
That was a steal on the MP40s, nicely done. Those clams were a great price as well.