• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

6th sense

Not the movie, I don't see dead people but I have acquired a "reef sense". My power has gone out a few times while owning a tank, most recently just now and everytime this happens I wake up moments before. The power will cut, I'll wake up and THEN a second or two later I'll hear the pipes gurgling from all the draining water to the sump. Pretty cool. Now, my tanks are in my room so some could blame it on proximity but I always wake up before any noise is generated. Weird. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Your like the reef whisperer, hey Kyle do you think you can help me and my reef tank........
Well it started about 6 months ago, strange noises coming from the living room.
My wife and kids couldn't figure out where they were coming from.
It got so bad that they didn't want to go in there.
Then one rainy night it happened.
We looked into the tank
And there it was.
The ghost fish.
HELP...................

howze01

NJRC Member
When I lose power it's more the lack of sound than anything I hear that wakes me up.... I have slept through the fire alarm in the hall outside my room beeping but the second the house goes silent from a power outage it's like someone throws a pot of cold water on me.

Your like the reef whisperer, hey Kyle do you think you can help me and my reef tank........
Well it started about 6 months ago, strange noises coming from the living room.
My wife and kids couldn't figure out where they were coming from.
It got so bad that they didn't want to go in there.
Then one rainy night it happened.
We looked into the tank
And there it was.
The ghost fish.
HELP...................

Pitch that to the Travel Channel or A&E and I think you just got yourself a brand new TV show. LOL

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I've done this before. I'll wake up BEFORE something happens. Not just with power outages. Last one happened a few months ago. Woke up, 5 seconds later, heard a boom and then power went out. Not sure if a transformer blew or a car hit a pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitch that to the Travel Channel or A&E and I think you just got yourself a brand new TV show. LOL

Please do, I could certainly use the money for some student loans lol

I've done this before. I'll wake up BEFORE something happens. Not just with power outages. Last one happened a few months ago. Woke up, 5 seconds later, heard a boom and then power went out. Not sure if a transformer blew or a car hit a pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats pretty cool. Im not sure if mine extends past reef related stuff but its happened on 3 occasions ha.

We are all xmen. Lets form a team

Sent from my Galaxy S4