• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

75 or 90 gal upgrade

I've been hearing the Deep blues have been leaking. Is there any truth to that. They say from the seams, maybe due to a leveling issue

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You’ll be giving up some major real estate with the RR…..GO GLASS-HOLES, ALL THE WAY! I’d spend the few extra bucks and get the 1500. You won’t be sorry….unless you like looking at a big wad of plastic.

Well it looks like the decision has been made. Called Trop today and they have the Deep Blue tanks on sale lower then the AGA's. The RR 90 is only $50 more then the non RR. And since it is the Deep Blue tank it has the nice slim corner overflow instead of the giant middle one like the AGA. Oh and black silicon. So assuming no issues arise I'll be picking up the tank Thurs. Then a slow build will proceed. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

One more question though. I absolutely hate the deep blue cabinets. I like the AGA ones a bit more. Are they interchangeable with the RR tanks. I'd build one but I just don't have the tools or skills for that.

Yes and No. I have a Marineland stand for my 75 (same footprint). With the 75 and the center overflow I had to cut the center brace a bit so that the pipes could make it. With teh corner you may be fine.

I don't like the DB either that is why I went with the Marineland.

my beep blue overflow system work fine, been up and running for almost a year. and haven't had any leaking they do a good job putting these together

I have a 90g w/stand -R/R sump 2-250mh. in Little egg harbor just emptied and power washed i moved everything to a rsm250.was up and running 10 yrs. Really need to get out of the sunroom , let me know.

Hey Jerry I am in LEH also, great to see someone close to me

I have a 90g w/stand -R/R sump 2-250mh. in Little egg harbor just emptied and power washed i moved everything to a rsm250.was up and running 10 yrs. Really need to get out of the sunroom , let me know.

Thanks for the offer. But my wife has laid down the law. As far as tank goes "it has to be new". As far as the stand goes, I'm almost 100% building myself.

Too late.
b2217431.jpg

Kind of changed things up a bit. Decided against the deep blue and the glass holes. Got this. Build thread to start this weekend. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.