• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

75g bow front

1447D2DC-FC92-4C2F-9049-58C18DB571D6.jpeg AB3B72CC-D336-4474-8D2E-E9B9D22C650D.jpeg B8EC581D-96D7-4486-976B-078FBC12BD05.jpeg A47055A6-83FA-4EB0-BE45-90228B832B9D.jpeg 4DA399F2-1273-4372-A71B-70972CAD4DB2.jpeg 7469CAAC-051D-44A3-B68A-F68B9CD12598.jpeg what I have is a 75g bow front with one hole drilled in the center of the back. It also has a stand and canopy. The reason I didn’t use the tank is both the bottom and top frames are crack and I tried finding new frames and had no luck. I just hate seeing the tank just sitting there. If you can fix it or want to use it for something that doesn’t need the tank full it’s all yours. I can post pics after work today.

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I have a 72 bow and am looking for a canopy. If no one takes it would like to get the top.

Hi forgive me if this is a rather obvious question, but what would prevent it from being able to be used with the problems with the frame? Is it structural, will it leak? I'm new and it seems like it would just be an aesthetics issue. I'm looking to get a bigger tank than the 29 I have, so if a couple tolls on the highway, some plumbing, and a bit of creative handiwork could fix it up... I'm open to any sort of bigger tank but I'm not sure what would need to go into this.

I don’t know much about it except for glass bows and flexes. I’m not sure if it will be ok as is but I do know I wasn’t going to chance 70g of saltwater flooding my house and losing live stock. You may be able too epoxy it I’m not sure. You may want to ask around the forums.
I did read around and found mixed reviews on the subject which is why I didn’t chance it.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
The concern is with it bowing out and the seams separate. I would be more concerned with the center brace than the bottom frame.

Hi forgive me if this is a rather obvious question, but what would prevent it from being able to be used with the problems with the frame? Is it structural, will it leak? I'm new and it seems like it would just be an aesthetics issue. I'm looking to get a bigger tank than the 29 I have, so if a couple tolls on the highway, some plumbing, and a bit of creative handiwork could fix it up... I'm open to any sort of bigger tank but I'm not sure what would need to go into this.
So considering,I just went threw this with the same exact tank you should concider the following. if the hole is dead center in,the back of the tank structurly this is were the most pressure is placed on the glass as far as bowing out, the weakened support brackets (the plastic rim that encompasses the tank) can cause issue. If you read my tales of the tank forum I went into this in great depth. Now I am not saying this will happen to you but I would take the following precautions 1 any plumbing applied to those pre drilled holes should be level and positioned in away that they do not put pressure or flex on,that hole. To do this I would place a block between the pipe and the tank so that when hanging the pipe lays at a perfect 90 degree angle not stressing the glass concider padding with foam so no viberations transfer threw. 2 concider reinforcing the broken section of rim fiberglass plastic cement to reattach new rim to that area. Also 3 read my thread about what happened to my tank, I explain the problem better. And 4 make sure the tank is perfectly level water weight is 8 lbs per gallon on top of the stand that then transfers to the floor, if the floor is weak it may look level now but could say latter

@Jeremy Brito I think I found a few things on your tank and how it gave out. That really sucks, I'm glad you've got a new setup going on now, I saw some pics and it looks pretty cool.
I might be willing to give it a try, see if I could fiberglass something and fill it with water in the garage for a bit maybe. My dad's docked in Atlantic Highlands with his pickup truck for the weekend. Ocean County is huge @Ryan Hurrell, about where are you or how far from there are you, feel free to PM me if you'd prefer. It might be a deciding factor if you're willing to let me give it a try. I don't really see how I'd mount my lights (black box LED) in that canopy since it looks like the top opens, it also seems like I would need a step ladder to be able to reach into the tank, I'm only 5'7" so I don't think I'd be very interested in that top hood/canopy. I'm not 110% sold since I want it to be big enough for a yellow tang and I'm not sure this would be big enough, I might try to research more into the upcoming petco sale, and if I'm going to go through the time money and effort of an upgrade. Yes, I know that kole tangs are better for smaller tanks, however as a 20-something that grew up with finding nemo, if I'm getting a massively large tank, I want it to be able to hold Dory, Bubbles, or Gill and I know the others need a lot higher levels of care and much larger tanks, so Bubbles it is!

Kai I have my black box lights mounted across my canopy. I went to home depot and bought 1/4 steal rods which I cut to size and then u bolts to attach to the lights and lay across the canopy nicely if you want a picture I can take one for you guys

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks for the pic. Mine will have to go vertical instead of horizontal to place the lights. I don't have any type of locking mechanism like your lights.
They are just plain black boxes.