• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

80/20 for Aquatic Obsessions...

pros: nice looking fish. clean setup. nice frag tank.

cons:
frag tank didn't state prices so i didn't really bother.
first time heading there, lights weren't on so had to go up and down the road a few times.

pm stated: "tailspot 29.99 firefish 2@19.99 w/out discount"
so i got excited and wanted to rush there for a sale on firefish plus discount. analysis: AWESOME

i got there and the price stated 19.99/each

it took me about an hour and some U turns to get there with wife and kids in the back due to traffic took me longer than expected. so i didn't want to ask or complain. quick look around, get my stuff and go.

overall, nice place but a little disappointed in the last con that i may not take the trip back during the weekday but could during a weekend with sufficient time to look and ask. plus could verify exact prices.

it's my experience and my experience only. as i could see everyone has had time to talk and have a great trip at AO. can't please everyone or must have been my luck and misunderstanding of 2@19.99

I would understand 2@19.99 as the price for each because when would you ever find a fish other then a chromis for $10. Send will a PM next time, hes a good guy with great prices. He definitely helps out the members here

how can you understand that as the price for each?

jsantoli said:
I would understand 2@19.99 as the price for each because when would you ever find a fish other then a chromis for $10. Send will a PM next time, hes a good guy with great prices. He definitely helps out the members here

2@19.99 reads two at 19.99. Quantity of 2 in stock, price 19.99 each.

I'm sure if you took the time to ask questions, it would have been explained clearly. Same with the frag prices.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
blange3 said:
2@19.99 reads two at 19.99. Quantity of 2 in stock, price 19.99 each.

I'm sure if you took the time to ask questions, it would have been explained clearly. Same with the frag prices.

+1

Its pretty simple, 2@19.99 is price for each, or else it would have been stated 2 FOR 19.99

malulu

NJRC Member
the number "2" and "@" are the same key on the keyboard...
may be he meant @19.99, but with fat finger typo as 2@19.99
::)

rodclement

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am sorry your experience wasn't the best but I guaratee you that, had you spoken with Will, and asked him some questions, introduced yourself, it would have been diferent...

When I moved to NJ form PA back in March, I didn't even know AO existed, weh I went there the first time it was a bit intimidating, there were some dudes sitting in the couch...not a lot of movement in the store...I almost felt like I was intruding in their club or something...I also had wife and kid with me...the quality of the livestock and pricing made me come back.

Second time around I was alone and introduced myself to Will and took the time to talk to him about tanks, sports, etc...now I am one of the guys who sits on the couch and scrutinizes people that walk through the door...it is good to have a place that you walk in and people know your name, you can shoot the breeze and spend time even if you don't buy anything!!!

Will is a hobbyists first, he seems to love what they do and it shows in their livestock, try again, next time introduce yourself to him, I am sure the experience will be better! :)

BTW...for me 2@$19.99 means two units at $19.99 each but I can see your confusion...

And Will...we...the Phillies fans don't want your Mets loving self to turn coat!!! ;D ;D

Best,

Rod

2@19.99each
or 2@19.99

two completely different things.    ???

ie:  if you go to the grocery and it says 5@5.00 are you going to complain that it said 5@5.00 or 5for5.00 when they ring you up?  is it bad wording or a misconception.

like i said not to down aquatic obsessions at all.  if i had time i'm sure i could have talked about everything but with the circumstances.  i had to run in and out as soon as possible.

ed-no real introductions were done. there was only one person in the shop when i entered so not sure if that was him.

malulu said:

a little more background.

i requested to verify if there were a pair of firefish.

so that may make a difference. you can't retrieve sent messages i think. unless there is an option to start saving sent messages. but overall asked for a pair. and that's why my compression of 2@19.99 were 2FOR1999.

evoIX said:
malulu said:

so that may make a difference. you can't retrieve sent messages i think. unless there is an option to start saving sent messages. but overall asked for a pair. and that's why my compression of 2@19.99 were 2FOR1999.

I will sell you 2 for 1999.00 teehee....so easy to make mistakes.

Will will not bother you the first time you walk in, once he knows you that is another story meaning he is very friendly not that he bothers you.

ohhh.... so evoIX tough luck - mistake ;D ;D ;D next time double check PM, internet advertising etc for mistakes before you go to a vendor and drive for 1hr on prkwy.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can definitely see your confusion. I would have made the ame mistake! I can also "see" the other side. I'm sure there was a more effective way of communicating with you to have avoided the confusion in the first place. Those that know him well probably understand as he must use this verbage often enough. It seems like it was an honest misinterpretation for both of you with no ill meant either way. Unfortunately when things like this happen they sour our opinions.

I'm glad that at least you had an 80% good visit with them! :)

JRWOHLER said:
evoIX said:
malulu said:

I will sell you 2 for 1999.00 teehee....so easy to make mistakes.

Will will not bother you the first time you walk in, once he knows you that is another story meaning he is very friendly not that he bothers you.

JR bad group buy mod. ahaha your supposed to give GOOD DEALS not that type of deal! scam artist?

Just joshing you .... funny thing is the first couple of times I went there I got the same feeling. I am sure if you search you would find my comments. Because Will never gives the hard sell(unless he is "saving you money" by suggesting you the 120 G tank because it is almost the same as the 90G ;D) you get that impression. But when I bought the 120 he was always following along and would PM me with suggestions or give advice.

The frag tank is too full I think to put prices just my opinion.

Go when you have more time and introduce yourself and you will be hooked.