• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

90g DIY LED w/ sunrise/sunset/moonlight

I have been a little slow with my updates. I am still working on the enclosure for the lighting system, just need to get all of my connections together. I did my first water change last night. I am going to need to work out a better system.

On the DIY front, I designed and tested a PWM signal on my Tunze 6105s and it works great. I can't wait to be able to install them and see if I can create some waves.

cyrusthevirus said:
Sorry for all of the updates, I have not had the time to post.

While I wait for the PCB to drive the LEDs, I decided to move on to my ATO.

The heart of the ATO are two 12 VDC solenoids which run at 1.7A each. Two are used for redundancy:

Be interested in knowing where you got the solenoids.

Hi,

Very interesting build.

I wanted to know if you were happy with the LEDs from DX? I just ordered 48. And how long total did it take you to get them.

thanks,
David

Can't beat the price. It took about a month. My tank is still not setup so I have not been using them yet. My plan is to get it running by mid-July.