• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

90g extravaganza

I currently have a 55g tank but am in the process of getting a 90g all set up. I will be swapping everything into the 90g. I am currently building the stand:

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

Dont worry! Those are not the actual legs. They are just temporary to see how everything was coming together.

I drilled the tank myself, which was suprisingly easy. It is not my 2nd time drilling a tank.

IMG_2287.jpg

I got the tank from someone used and the tank was still dirty. I got a good deal on the tank, but now that I have cleaned it up a bit, I am realizing it has some nice battle wounds, so if anyone is selling a 90g tank that is in decent shape, get in contact with me PLEASE.

Here are some pics of my current set up.

yellowpolyps.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

Well I'm glad to hear those aren't the legs! Drilling glass is surprisingly easy. Did it a few times and thought it would of been harder

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
+1 on those not being the legs! Those shrooms in the last picture are crazy!

I use Kent. I dont really have any calcium damanding corals besides the brain and the frogspawn. My tank is also looped into a 40g breeder that has a 5.5" DSB and plants. Then all that is connected to a 20g sump which has a lot of LR rubble.

I have been working on it a little more today and got the top where the tank sits completely finished. I also put in 2 more supports in the back.

IMG_2389.jpg

Thanks.

Hopefully this weekend, I will go and check out the tank price at allaquatics.

I also have decided to build a canopy and I have the basic frame done, but no pics. I used a smaller 1x3 wood for the canopy, but will still add trim and waynes coating. I am debating whether to have doors that open to the side or lift up. Any suggestions?