• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A Bit of Paradise

Just picked up the new ORA Bird of Paradise from Will over at Aquatic Obsessions .
I will post more pictures when it fully opens .
I just happened ::) to be there when Fed Ex arrived .
He also received a beautiful pair of Grade "A" Picassos clowns,
along with a bunch of ora frags and fish .
I cant wait to see this one fully opened and hope it grows as fast as other birdnests.
bird001-1.jpg

Here it is opened up more. Ill get a good photo in the morning . It is more green based and polyps are purple.
Any Opinions ??

Actinicbird001-1.jpg

Very nice Paul!... I am thinking of getting one in the future.. The colors are somewhat the same as my Rainbow pocci but the growth pattern looks different...very ncie addition I must say...

I shouldn't have looked cause now I want one, too.

GORGEOUS looking piece. Congrats on your new addition. And I can't wait to see more pictures of it. :)

Wendy, If this grows as quickly as other birdsnest I should be able to get a frag for you soon, if you can wait that long . ;D

I looked at most pics and I think now its the same thing of what I have and been calling it Rainbbow yellow base pocci. I have sold 3 frags I think last swap .. but here is the pic

010-24.jpg

pnoyreefer said:
I looked at most pics and I think now its the same thing of what I have and been calling it Rainbbow yellow base pocci. I have sold 3 frags I think last swap .. but here is the pic

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Reeferpnoy/010-24.jpg[img]
[/quote]

You finally agree with me. Lol

Jf2381 said:
pnoyreefer said:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/Reeferpnoy/010-24.jpg[img]
[/quote]

You finally agree with me. Lol
[/quote]

When I saw the 1st pic from Ora and the colony is somewhat different but seeing pictures of frags they sell it change my mind

Steve, That looks real close to whats sitting in my tank. Colors are the same ,maybe the growth pattern will be different . I think you should give me a frag to place next to mine for comparison . ;D

qwik said:
Steve, That looks real close to whats sitting in my tank. Colors are the same ,maybe the growth pattern will be different . I think you should give me a frag to place next to mine for comparison . ;D

done deal .. but you have to give me a piece of yours to compare as well lol

:eek: :eek: Oh so so nice!

I've got an idea. I'll be the independent judge. Steve and qwik, you both give me a piece of yours, and I'll judge whether they're the same. ;D (joke)

Tom ordered me one from Steve (the Aqua Oceans Steve). I can't wait for it to get here.

well after acquiring a piece of the Paraside I can say now that I was wrong with comparing it to my pocci.. The growth pattern is different here is my piece of the paradise. I made a few trades on my LFS ...

016-8.jpg