• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A discussion on ATO choices, advice appreciated

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
How is it ? I have a far distance and been debating it
So far so good. I like the construction of it. It's definitely powerful. What's the distance you are trying to put it through?

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Check out the Avast ATO. That thing is flawless.

I use this with a digital output to apex or you can use standard outlet.

Combined with this. I lift water 10 ft and run it 30 ft across the ceiling to my display. I’ve replaced the pump once in 9 years !!! Diaphragm Pump

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Check out the Avast ATO. That thing is flawless.
SoaB! That's what started this thread. I have this system in my main an LOVE it.
When I went looking at their ATO section, this wasn't listed as a main ATO, just the 'new improved' version with the float system, etc...
Didn't realize they downgraded it and buried it a bit down the page, making it not look like an ATO.

I did go with the autotopoff.com dual float system for the redundancy, plus I'm having fun rewiring it for a secondary pump and a siphon system.
If this works after I mess with it I'll use it.
If it doesn't, I'm grabbing the Avast.

Really enjoying all the input in this thread as well, it would be a great sticky for ATO info.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
My top off - brute with to in basement connected to a mag 18 plumbed through floor to tank. Connected mag 18 to electrical strip next to tank. Fill tank evaporation. Also this is how I do water changes. Another brute in basement with salt water. Hit a switch and you’re done. No sensors or floats to go bad!
Sticky done.