• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

A need to vent!!!

All,

I just came back from a newly discovered LFS that is local to me. I visited the store once previously thought they had some nice stuff. I'm always happy to find a new source from which to purchase livestock and supplies, not mention some advice which is helpful for us "Newbies".

On this visit though I have to say I was completely turned off!!!!
The guy at the store was very condisending and it seemed that my questions (related to specific livestock needs and if my setup would be sufficient) were interupting him. After about ten minutes my wife and left - never to return!!!

The LFS was the "Fish Tank" in Sparta/Andover area. No matter how nice the store/livestock is I will not deal with idiot salespeople who treat me as though I'm a nuisance. One more store off my list! I'll go elsewhere for my new 90gal reef setup.

Sorry for the vent - Thanks for listening!
sandry75 :mad: :mad: :mad:

sorry to hear of the experience. one question though was it an employee that treated you like this or was it the manager/owner of the store? if it was just an employee than maybe you would consider talking with the manager/owner of the store about the employee. maybe the employee was just having a bad day or he is really just a jerk and the owner/manager might want to know how his employee is treating his/her customers.

I stopped by there a few weeks ago, the name of the place is the Elite Fish Tank. Personally it's not worth the ride for me, he's mostly into aggresive fish for FOWLR tanks and has a limited supply of coral. The guy was nice to me but maybe because I'm not a newbie. If he was really that rude to someone new to the hobby he won't be around for long. You might want to try Just Phish, Steve is a very nice guy. His selection is a little limited but his prices are pretty fair. Unfortunately there aren't any really good LFS in northwest morris county.

Jeff