• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Absolutely disgusting!!!

So i have a pretty strong stomach for the most part but this almost made me sick. I got this beautiful elegance about 3 weeks ago. Did fine for a week, then out of nowhere it started looking bad from one day to the other. Then the issue continued. It would stay closed all day and open at night. Posted on R2R and everyone said Elegance coral syndrome. It was getting worse slowly.

I was about to throw it away when i discovered something on it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210717_195429_925.jpg
    IMG_20210717_195429_925.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20210806-193400_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20210806-193400_Messenger.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
I dipped it twice with Revive. And as soon as it started looking bad, ive been doing iodine dips every 2 days. Its so gross. Looked like a bug of some sort. Like a flea. I have no idea what it is.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Head Crab, probably escaped from The Black Mesa Research Labs.

1-141109154508.jpg

But seriously, think it came in on the coral?

Head Crab, probably escaped from The Black Mesa Research Labs.

1-141109154508.jpg

But seriously, think it came in on the coral?
100% and I'm almost positive that's the reason the coral has been doing bad. I saw the hole when i was dipping the coral and it was closed but i thought it was just it's skeleton

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I’ve had corals with gall crabs before and they never caused death (but they weren’t elegance corals).