• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acans in Bridgewater 08807

howze01

NJRC Member
So, I have a few (5 or 6) Acan colonies (5 or 6 heads each) that have (thus far) survived the unknown Acan killer in my tank. Is it something in the water? Something picking on them? Not too sure but I've decided that the best thing to do is to rehome them. Everything else is looking great, zoas, palys, Blastos, Suncorals, Duncans..... IDK. CJ can't keep them either so maybe it's something in the water.
No dibs, no "I PM'd you first." I will give it a day or two and decide who to give them to. I would prefer they all go to the same person (and preferably the person that can come the soonest before I lose any more) so if you are interested, PM me.

Here's a pic when they were all happy and healthy.....:cry:

6190360953_213c085a98_z.jpg

Last edited:

magic

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jonathan

If you want I'll take them and when your ready you can have them back. I'm in Piscataway and can meet you tomorrow.

Bob

Jonathan, I could give them a good home and I will name my next son or daughter after you.I could also give you a bmw in trade for them.I will also give you visitation rights too...

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jonathan, just out of curiosity, do you have a copper band butterfly?

I'm only asking because I have about 8 different acans and one of them is not doing well lately. This past weekend, I saw my CBB nipping at the one that's not doing well. He hasn't messed with any of the other 7 that I'm aware of and none of the others show any signs of damage.

I saw this happen a few minutes after I had dipped that acan in ReVive, so not sure if that had something to do with the CBB nipping at it or if the CBB is the cause of the damage of this one acan. Anyway, would be interested if you have one as a possible suspect. Tang police

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jonathan, just out of curiosity, do you have a copper band butterfly?

I'm only asking because I have about 8 different acans and one of them is not doing well lately. This past weekend, I saw my CBB nipping at the one that's not doing well. He hasn't messed with any of the other 7 that I'm aware of and none of the others show any signs of damage.

I saw this happen a few minutes after I had dipped that acan in ReVive, so not sure if that had something to do with the CBB nipping at it or if the CBB is the cause of the damage of this one acan. Anyway, would be interested if you have one as a possible suspect. Tang police

His tank is a little too small for a CBB. I was talking to him and he is a little fuzzy on dates but he has switched to ESV salt but we are not 100% this is the cause but it is something to take into consideration. He said all his other corals are fine, it just appears to be the acans that are being affected.

I've been searching for more acan recently. I would love to have them. I am off all week and could make it whenever!

howze01

NJRC Member
Alright, sorry for not responding to anyone yet. Brian (thermosts) came by and grabbed the 7 guys left from the die off. I think 3 or 4 are looking OK still and the rest are receding and unhappy. He's going to see if he can nurse them back to health and repair the damage I've done. Once things look better I will leave it up to him what he wants to do with them. I'm making my new tank a no-Acan zone so they aren't coming back to me. Please don't PM him asking for them since they will probably take a few weeks to recover (at least). I will let him know who PM'd me and was interested in them and he can go from there.

Sorry for not splitting them up evenly but I was more concerned about getting them into a tank that was better for them. Thanks to Brian for taking on the challenge. I'm sure they will all come back nicely in your care! Thanks also to the people that PM'd and replied back here wanting to help my little guys out.

No need to apologize, you did the right thing and hopefully Brian can nurse them back to good health.

Good luck!