• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acro crabs

So some of my sps are finally large enough to support some of these. Does anyone know of a good place to get them relatively cheap?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

xrabs

Most stores who get in maricultured or wild collected acro crabs that dip the colonies, should have some lying around.

Especially when they first come in.

They can be purchased from Live Aquaria.
They pop up in the divers den section.

Thanks nikki I remember you suggesting this before but I think they are too pricey compared to other places, especially when most get dipped and thrown away anyway

Most stores who get in maricultured or wild collected acro crabs that dip the colonies, should have some lying around.

Especially when they first come in.

Ive tried that but they either dip them and they die or are stuck inside the colonies
Mr. Coral has them often in the $10 section
Ill try that austyn. Thats about as much as I will pay

Sent from my Galaxy S4

howze01

NJRC Member
I remember seeing a bunch of them at Red Sand (now Fengs Reef) and he told us he would just give us some since they always come in with his colonies. Would be a bit of a drive for you but if you are in the area already you might stop in and ask him.

I remember seeing a bunch of them at Red Sand (now Fengs Reef) and he told us he would just give us some since they always come in with his colonies. Would be a bit of a drive for you but if you are in the area already you might stop in and ask him.

Damn I was just there Sunday. Thank you

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I am curious, what is the benefit to having acro crabs? I know they're supposed to keep the coral clean, but is there something else?

I am curious, what is the benefit to having acro crabs? I know they're supposed to keep the coral clean, but is there something else?

Not sure. I would wager yes in the wild but in a very controlled tank environment probably no. They are pretty coo to watch. No matter how small they will defend their colony at all costs

Benefit in the wild is mainly from predator starfish that they attack from the underside when they attack their host coral. They also clean detritus and such off of large colonies where flow cannot penetrate easily. In the home aquarium they will clean the acros and also its been shown that they will fend of aefw attacks but only on that specific coral. I just think they are awesome to watch like pete said

Sent from my Galaxy S4