• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adding a Probe holder to Calcium Reactor Lid...drill&Tap

I Posted this on another forum, and decided to post here as well, I Wanted To Add a PH probe to my Korallin Calcium Reactor but a new lid was around $65-$85 or buy a adaptor probe holder for $6.50 so I decided to Driil and tap my lid and add probe holder fitting. I did 2 others for members after I did mine both came out Great, depending on material reactor lid is made of will determine how hard it will be to do. All the ones I did took no more than 10 Minutes. Here are the Pictures
Tools needed,
Drill----45/64 Drill Bit----
-1/2" NPT Tap.
Cordless drill
Adjustable wrench
1/2 probe holder bought on line

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    909.2 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    644.7 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    522.1 KB · Views: 15

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I have always seen these referred to as "strain reliefs"
IMG_1608.GIF

Not sure if they are all sealed

That's what I thought you were talking about,,I ordered it online forgot the site, I just type in 1/2" probe holder and started searching,,, it worked great I added the probe and connected it to apex and my Calcium and Alkalinity has been on point since I got it dialed in which took about 3 weeks

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I thought you were talking about,,I ordered it online forgot the site, I just type in 1/2" probe holder and started searching,,, it worked great I added the probe and connected it to apex and my Calcium and Alkalinity has been on point since I got it dialed in which took about 3 weeks
What ru using for dosing via the apex? Dos?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Nice DIY.....good job!

I actually us a probe holder for my pH probe in my sump. Many don't realize that you can NOT submerge a pH probe or get it wet on the top side. It will ruin the probe. Here's a pic of my probe hold when I was building the sump.

Again, great DIY and nicely documented.