• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adding Cheato or acrapora

Don't know if i've gotten the names right but my tank has been running for only 3 weeks when would be a good time to start adding these item's. Im starting to grow a little dirty look on the base rock thats ok right just cycling. Bobb

You can add the chaeto to your fuge whenever you like ,just keep an eye on it,if theres die off trim it. I would wait for that system to cycle and mature before adding any type of sps (acro's) . I would think that the sps will be the last additions as they are the most sensitive .
They will be easier to keep once the system is stable for a while and matures.
Its up to you on how long "mature " is. I've noticed after the first 9-12 months everything seems to do better . It is probably a combo of maturing and experience .

Yeah, what Qwik said ....

Add chateo any time,(it'll be happier once htere's fish poo in there) but wait a bit on acros, you can add LPS or zoas a little sooner IME.

Cool here's a good question does anyone have any I could get or purchase. Oh Bax I found the problem with the foaming bubble situation I have, seems my durso's are sucking to much air so Im going to put adjustable valves on them so I can tune them better. Should've done that in the first place.

I just got rid of so much of it. I agree with the previous statements leave sps for last. They aren't cheap and nothing is worse than buying coral and having it die.

In a short time, you'll be ready for "easy" SPS like montis, pavona, and such. As for acros, that's where you really want things to have stabilized well, say six months or so of stability and you should be ready to go with the more challenging SPS. You'll want to either have a dosing program ironed out or a calcium reactor up and running first.

I used to have basket ball sized hunks of chateo in the fuge, but after housing the blue stripped rabbit in there I am down to one base ball sized piece ... what a pig! He's gone now so it should grow back :)