• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

adding DI to my RO system

so i just ordered a extra cartridge to convert my RO into RODI.

have found a lot of conflicting information on how to do this. i read that you do not want to use the water from the tank as it has additional TDS.

does anyone know if that is true? i havent bought my tds meter yet, i think im going to go with the dual prong to test what is coming out of RO and what is coming out of RODI or is there a better method?

so should i just add a Tee with valve or should I add the Tee with valve and a check valve on the tank side?

final question, the last cartridge on my setup is an order reducer (5th stage) , should i skip that one from the DI stage? just go from RO to DI?

APEC-ROES-50-System-Connect-Diagram.png

found this so i will try it. hopefully it is OK.
havent ordered my tds meter yet. maybe next week. was thinking of getting the dual

Attachments

• dual_home_reef_illustration.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
wired it up the way it was on the diagram. looks fine. now it is slowlyyyyyyy filling up a bucket. i guess it will take 4 or more days to fill my 210 tank since my unit is 50g/day probably less with the DI chamber. bought the chamber on ebay for like 12 bucks. theres enough di resin to fill up, maybe even 3 chambers. got that from marine depot for like 10 bucks of something.