• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adding Potassium

From my observations (been dosing for 6 months) I haven't seen any change in color due to potassium. The only system that needs potassium is a ZEOvit system because the ZEOvit ZEOliths rocks absorb most of these elements in their pores. Most salt mixes are sufficient in K and with weekly or biweekly water changes there should be no reason to dose potassium.

I started using the brightwell potassium not to long ago. I use tropic marin pro which potassium mixes low at 310ppm. Natural seawater runs around 390 to 410. So what I've been doing is bringing up my my mixing water by adding 40 ml to my ten gal of water. It's been working for me. All my blues are looking good.

IMO don't need to add K+. When in doubt water change the system as much as possible using clean RO/DI water with no TDS and use a quality salt that has no nitrates. Make sure u age the new salt water at least a day. Good Luck