• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adventure Aquarium World Ocean Day June 8, 2008

On June 8, 2008 the Conservation and Education Committee will be hosting a booth at Adventure Aquariums "World Ocean Day." We will be presenting information about conservation and educational issues.

This day is a chance for us to give back to the community by means of info and giveaways. We are still working on the complete details of what our booth will feature but we can promise it will be spectacular.

As a result of our participation in this event, we have been offered discount tickets on admission into the aquarium to our club members for this day only. It will be non refundable if you miss the event.

12.00 for Adults
8.50 Children (2-12)
Sales tax & Paypal fees will be added when you register.

We will need to give a final tally with payment to them by May 22, 2008.

Come join us and make sure to wear your NJRC gear so we can have a big showing and get invited back.

RSVP

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We need the admissions paid by May 21 for anyone who is going to be getting the discount tickets. Please make sure to RSVP and pay by Wednesday if you plan on attending so that we can include you in our head count.

if we paypal, how do we get the tix? Do we have to meet at adventure aquarium the day of or will they be mailed?

Sorry if this post doesn't belong in announcements. Thx.

never mind...should've checked with my wife first...we have to go to a ballet recital that day for my daughter.

People working the booth need to be there at 8:00AM.

People attending can come anytime...... I will find out about ticket will call or delivery as soon as we get the total together.

This is a great deal folks - 50% off the usual sticker prices - and checking out their website, they've got dwarf Hippos! (not tangs, the big guys!).

Anyways - we really would love to go but my wife keeps giving me that look of "ballet first". ::)

Someone please be sure to bring a camera!

phil519 said:
Anyways - we really would love to go but my wife keeps giving me that look of "ballet first". ::)

My duaghters are both in a recital that weekend, but there are no performances on Sunday! Yippie! Took a poll and everyone wants to see the Aquarium. Hopefully, I got my order in under the wire :p

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Ok, I've opened the registration back up so that we can collect payments (and any last minute registrations). We will need to purchase these in advance and you'll pick them up at the door (will call window). Please get your payments in as soon as possible, please!

phil519 said:
they've got dwarf Hippos! (not tangs, the big guys!).

We saw the hippos last time we were there. Sad seeing something so large in such a small enclosure but they were very fascinating to watch. Are they really dwarf??? They were HUGE!

I saw a bit on Animal Planet once about the hippo exhibit. They drain and rinse the lagoon in the display every day!

talk about a water change nightmare!!!! :eek:

Imagine the skimmer you wou need to avoid the water changes!!!

Hippo poo must make tang poo look like nothing!

Baxreefs said:
I saw a bit on Animal Planet once about the hippo exhibit. They drain and rinse the lagoon in the display every day!

talk about a water change nightmare!!!! :eek:

Imagine the skimmer you wou need to avoid the water changes!!!

Hippo poo must make tang poo look like nothing!

I'm pretty sure there was an episode of "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery Channel and that guy mike was in a scuba/snorkel outfit getting the poo (hippos not in the enclosure with him obviously). It looked gross - like everything else on that show (but like a car accident, I can't help but look).

When i get home later tonight i will post the details for exhibtors.

This weekend i think we should meet up and put everything together for sunday. I have a bunch of Pamphlets.

We have a booth ( we need to figure out how to set it up or at least i do)
Flyers, Squishes, banners, pics.

If the panels to the booth are carpet we can print some pics 8 x 10 and attached velcro to them that come in rolls.

We have one parking pass. If i can carry everything ill use it, if anyone else is gonna lug the stuff cause it doesnt fit then they can use it.

No children with exhibitors.
We have one 8 foot exhibitor table with electricity.
Linens are limted to be safe we should bring some.
Exhibitors must be there by 9:30AM. If we need more time they said i we can come early with prior notice.

Anyone have an idea of a day we can meet up and put everything together.