• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

adventure aquarium

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
in reference to our potential frag sawp, this can be where our proceeds are donated to

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I went a couple of months ago. It was nice (the shark bridge wasn't open at this time) but a lot of people. Even being in Camden it was still a nice area and I wasn't concern for the safety of my family. Some issues I had was mainly with the people. I don't know about you but I am not a big one for many people and I get annoyed quickly. It was externally hard for my family to see the new penguins (ones inside) due to so many people around and no one would move they just stood there for awhile. I was helping my daughter look for a frog in one of the tanks and I had people tell me to move cause they couldn't see (now the frog tanks are small and I was there before them) The shark tunnel was sweet but there no worker to keep the flow going so it took awhile to get into the tunnel. I wished they had more corals to look at but over all it wasn't bad. I have to say I like the hippos the best. Also another issue (but also not an issue) is their food court is basically everywhere. Every wing we went down there was some type of food and the smell made me want to buy food.

Not sure where you live but the AC Aquarium is not bad. Good price and its a small place but didn't feel over packed.

Atlantic City Aquarium | Historic Gardner's Basin | Atlantic City's Family Friendly Attraction

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
im north going towards Newark, i didn't even know about an AC aquarium....

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
im north going towards Newark, i didn't even know about an AC aquarium....

Not many people know about it. Like I said its very small. We took our time and we completed it in like 1 hour. I would say its not worth a trip alone but if you head down to AC for any other reason I would stop by

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
It's a pretty cool place I have been there a few times. I believe the club help with a tank there in the past but don't quote me on that. Though
It's in Camden it's pretty secluded and feels pretty safe over there. It's by the hospitals. Driving in and out can feel a bit sketchy but once on the aquarium "grounds" you're good.

Don't let the location scare you away, it's in a university district surrounded by Rutgers, Campbell's field and a few research buildings. It's a beautiful aquarium.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great place to visit, just a long drive. The aquarium is on the of Camden facing Pennsylvania. So it not that bad.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk