• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Advice for Torch coral extension

Looking for some advice. I have a small torch coral collection in a 20 gallon cube. They all seem to be thriving and my blue tip torch has grown multiple heads over the last year. However, I can’t seem to get the long tentacle extension I see with other indo torches. Any suggestions? Maybe lighting or flow?

light=Ai prime 16hd
Alk=7.3
Nitrate=2
Phos=0.015ppm

Attachments

• 83ECA8E8-163A-4BAB-B93D-0E7375767BC7.jpeg
    83ECA8E8-163A-4BAB-B93D-0E7375767BC7.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 30

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Only advice I have is maybe to much flow. When I had a nice torch and moved it my 90 corner the flow was very high and it did not extend much.

But its probably not lighting. I got two 16hds at 110% and my torch is at the top with long tentacles. Could be the flow. What you runnin?

I don’t think it would lights either but guess I would need a par meter to be sure. Got a sicce 1.0 running the filter and a jabao nano running on low as a wavemaker.

Changed my lighting schedule to AB+ from the “pirates” schedule on the 16hd, maintaining similar par (80-120). Also moved my wave maker more to the side. Things looking much better but have a ways to go. Thank you all for your advice.

Attachments

• IMG_5252.MOV
    4.8 MB