• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ai light on apex or the Ai controller?

For the ai owners:

If I have both the apex, and the controller for the Ai nano, would I be better off using the apex to control the lights or the ai controller? Or do they both do the exact same thing?

Also when you have 2 ai lights, do you hook them both up to a controller, or do you hook only one up to the controller, and then have that light connected to the 2nd ligh?

Thanks

I don't have a controller so I can't comment on which is better. But if you are running more then 1 light it goes from the controller to 1 light then out of that light to the next light. I have the Vegas so they are controlled wirelessly so there are no wires involved.

I had the controller and the apex. The apex functionality is awesome compared to the controller. Much easier to program and you can also have phisical switches with presets that light the tank the way you want it.
On mine I have a full blast button with everything on and a night buton with a shade of blue I like. Mounted the buttons to the canopy and is just a press to get the lighting mood I want