• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

AI Sol Blue color

I have three Sol Blue modules over my 180g. This morning before I left for work, I notice that the lighting under one of the modules seemed different than the other two. At that time of the day, the settings are W0, B0, RB2. When I opened the canopy, two of the modules clearly had the RB leds lit. However, on the third module, the B leds were lit. The strange thing is that the same row of LEDs were lit on all three modules. In other words, the inner most row of LEDs on all the modules were lit. However, on two of them, the inner rows were RB and on the third it was B. Anyone experience this or know wht the problem might be?

Check sunrise option on controller and if newer controller is being used and running wireless check order of lights.

I have I guess the 1st generation of these lights. I got them shortly after they came out. I don't believe I have a sunrise option. I'm not running wireless.

I had one AI SOL module on which the RB LEDs did not light up. I opened it up and reseated the connections to the pucks (just pushed on them, did not remove the board). After that, it worked again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It sounds to me that either they put the wrong LEDS on the one that's different (switched B for RB by mistake) or perhaps the signal being sent to that fixture is lower than is going to the other two (thereby making them appear a different shade of blue.)

If you got them when they first came out, you must have had them a while... have you ever noticed this before or did you ever compare them against each other when you first got them?

Can you do a test to set RB at 100% for all of them, 50% for all of them, etc. and try to see if there is still a color difference?

If you can do that, I'd say try the Blue channels the same way to see if there is any difference in those too.