• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Algae Barn (+ (additional +++ for my bias))

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
These guys/gals have been on my radar for a few weeks. I was eventually planning on a pod order to see how things went and offer a review (after the disastrous results with a different vendor).

Then came Memorial Day, and they beat me to it. I received a mail from them.
They wanted to give back to Vets, and though EVERYONE offers a 10% back sale or such, they offered free pods and phytoplankton to the first 50 Vets replying with a copy of a military ID.
FREE. Not 10% or 15% off - 100% free pods and shipping, no obligation.

So, without placing an order, I forwarded my military info with this mail, misspelling and all...
HI,
Would love to take you pu on the veteran offer for the pods.
Thank you very much.
Mark C

And received this in reply a few days later...
Hello Mark,
Thank you so much for participating. We are so happy to be able to give back to you in some small way. Happy Memorial Day from everyone at AlgaeBarn. Your pods will be shipped out this week.

They sent me this pack, no charge or obligation...
5280 Pods copepods & OceanMagik Phyto | Live Fish Food | AlgaeBarn
This pack retails for $60.
Even if they buy at $20 - $30 thats still $1,000 to $1,500 worth of wholesale ($3,000 in retail) of product they gave to vets this year, not including shipping, with absolutely no obligation.

From this point forward, all my pods are coming from these guys/gals. Can't thank them enough for their generosity for those who have served.

A+, buy pods here - AlgaeBarn | Home | Live Copepods & Phytoplankton Direct To Your Door

Mark

Last edited:

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
@Mark_C that is great. I will have to check them out the next time. Wish I seen this sooner cause I came home to a very ugly stage of my tank so I just put an order into ReefCleaners for more cleanup crew

Nice mark, if i had seen this earlier as well i wouldve sent them a msg for the free pods...ill keep them in mind of a need an order though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I use their subscription service and get pods every 2 months to feed my fat mandarin. So far I have been nothing but happy with them.