• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Algea ID Please

I've been battling GHA for a few months now and I'm continuing to do my water changes and maintenance. Over the last few weeks, this grayish, algea (?) has been growing on the underside of the rock work, primarily in the lower flow areas. It comes off very easily with a siphon, but just continues to grow. I've search a lot of the ID sites and haven't been able to ID it. I'm changing about 20gallons a week in my 120, cut back a lot of food and light. GFO running as well as Naturareef reactor.
a5e45648b40a514cc191f3e51cd0c113.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be a massive effort with such a large tank but the only way I was able to get rid of GHA was to remove all the live rock and scrub it with a very stiff brush to remove all traces of the algae along with scrubbing all surfaces in the tank that are covered. It was recommended to me to use a stainless wire brush on the live rock but I opted for stiff nylon. That along with what you are doing already - maybe add a phosphate remover to your filtration.

Michael I'm about to do exactly what Jason did with the rocks...my tank is just getting worse and worse every day, good luck buddy.

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

I have the phosgone running into the nutrareef but I may up the dose. GFO, water changes, Phosgone, and algea farming on the weekend. I will beat it soon!!

I think taking the rock out and scrubbing will be the last resort at this point.