• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

All this talk about Angelfish

All this talk is making me want an Angel. When I ha my 24g cube set up I had a little Pygme Yellow Tale Angel and it never messed with any of my zoas or other softies. However now I have a bunch of SPS and a clam... I am thinking about it... I have been reading a bunch about what dwarf size would be to "safest" I do know it still comes down to a crap shoot. It all depends on the individual fish not the breed.

Any suggestions?

I'm into total agreement with you on fish personality. Every fish is different from each other. I say just pick the fish you want and you know what risk your already taking.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We have failed miserably with flames and a multicolor.
We currently have a joculator and a flame/potters hybrid (false shepardi). They are leaving our two clams alone, and the sps for now, but the joculator does pick at scolys.
we also did well with a Pygmy and a flame back.

Knock on wood my Potters hasn't touched my clam, SPS, or LPS in the 7 months that I've had it. I feed my fish often so maybe that helps.

Lostinthedark

NJRC Member
I have both a Flame and an African Flame back in a well fed 250. Both are model citizens. I just added a small Majestic that I picked up at Bath Avenue Aquarium in Brooklyn for $68. We'll see how it works out. Beautiful fish.