• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Allquatics visit today - Tangs

I stopped buy Allquatics today and they had a nice assortment of tangs, about 4-5 of each Powder Blue, Yellow, Purple, and Sohal Tangs. All 4-5" range.

I picked up a PBT, already eating flakefood and in my QT.

Since I am starting over I was tempted to try the "buy 3 small tangs at the same time" so they get comfortable and could live peacefully together, but decided to not go in that direction and play it safe. I had a couple tangs in my tank before and it was like the WWE. Did not want to repeat that scenario.

PBT is my favorite but also like the Purple and Yellow tangs,

How is their selection of coral and dry goods? How is their pricing? Good luck with the tang

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I was there to buy fish so did not look carefully at the corals. but overall their coral tanks looked well stocked. I have bought corals from them in the past and one of the main reasons is they have a lot of frags at reasonable prices.

Good stock of pods, frozen foods, etc. A very nice store, personnel is always pleasant and helpful.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Depends on your tank size, you didn't mention that, my 135 right now houses a yellow eyed kole, blue, and sailfin all in there nice and happy, they are also fed like pigs as well

Depends on your tank size, you didn't mention that, my 135 right now houses a yellow eyed kole, blue, and sailfin all in there nice and happy, they are also fed like pigs as well

I have a 175 gallon. I guess you hit it lucky. Now I'm tempted to go get a yellow and purple before the PBT gets too familiar with his surroundings.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I had a kole and idol in there for a while, when I removed the idol (he was eating some lps) the kole went for everything in the tank including the lamarks angel, I had to turn the lights off for a day or two just so he would leave him along for a bit, I then went and picked up a larger sailfin and the blue tang, the kole attempted to go after them both but the sailfin took over and keeps him in line now, and there's no more agression, at least that's how it worked out in this tank

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
My story was more meant to say the kole tang was an a-hole, the blue and sailfin are passive, but the sailfin keeps the kole in line. Just have to judge the fish and go from there