• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Allquatics

Ok so today I stopped in to test my water every once in a while to double check my tests with someone else's. To find out that they are now charging you $3 for a basic test and $5 to test all but mag. I think it's just a bad move to save some money. Every time I go there they don't have multiple things like test kits and coral glue. I'm not here to bash a business but I hope they can fix things that suck there so people keep going back. But I on another note with them their staff is very helpful

radiata

NJRC Member
I've never been to Allquatics, but what is wrong with any store charging for water testing? Free water testing sounds like a bad business model --- if they all gave it away, then none of them would be selling any test kits. Of course if a store has no test kits in stock, perhaps it is time to change retailers or to buy on-line...

That said, I do have a fantasy about water testing --- finding a LFS retailer with a $25,000 x-ray spectrophotometer --- I'd gladly pay $10 to bring in a pint of system water, have them dump it in their machine, and print me out a listing of every chemical parameter in my tank...

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have to agree with Bob. Charging a small fee to test water is reasonable and pretty much standard practice for a LFS.

Bob, you might have a better chance to convince the TV networks to start filming CSI:NJ...then have them do a show about a murder by drowning in your tank. They would then find out the victim was poisoned, not drowned and have to perform a full workup on contents of the system. :cool:

I guess I never went anywhere else to test my water and for 4 years they were the only place that checked it for me as time passes I won't be too upset about it bc going there I know what they charge to test water. I am now finding online retailers are cheeper for maintenance items like filters, test kits and salt .

I'm a huge CSI fan.. THAT would make an awesome show!!
I have to agree with Bob. Charging a small fee to test water is reasonable and pretty much standard practice for a LFS.

Bob, you might have a better chance to convince the TV networks to start filming CSI:NJ...then have them do a show about a murder by drowning in your tank. They would then find out the victim was poisoned, not drowned and have to perform a full workup on contents of the system. :cool:

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
ACC is getting in a full testing lab pretty soon. It might not be a 25k X ray spec but it will be close.