• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Allquatics

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Any feed back on this place? Im coming back from DC and are 6 minutes away.

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Good call Marcus.... lets focus on that 80 gallon !!!!

I think they're slowly trying to get cleaner, they replaced the freshwater tanks recentlyish. They also supplied the water for Macna when we hosted it if I remember right. They do give 15% off to members as well. That said you didn't miss to much.

grink

NJRC Member
They are good people. Recently recovering from an ac failure that set some of their tanks back.
They will also special order for you if you don't see it in the store.

I was in there the day after the ac went they lost alot most everything it sucked. They have the biggest selection of coral of all the local places. Most of everything is pretty large pieces which is cool. Not just a bunch of frags

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I was in there the day after the ac went they lost alot most everything it sucked. They have the biggest selection of coral of all the local places. Most of everything is pretty large pieces which is cool. Not just a bunch of frags

That place hasn’t had 100% functional AC in nearly 5 years, when you walk in the AC unit is sitting on the floor by the front windows.

Every summer the place overheats and most everything ends up dead, it’s gone down hill over the last 2 years and is beyond dirty. I know hoarders who have less clutter.

The owner bought out the tanks from precious pets last year IIRC for the freshwater livestock.
The coral tanks are always plagued with pests, this past summer they had Flatworms nearly a 1/4” long and I’m not embellishing.

I’ll put it this way the place is not even 10 minutes from me and I’d rather buy livestock from petco!

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I’d rather buy livestock from petco!

Got a Petco by me with the staff being knowledgable.
Bought many a fish and coral there and always top quality.
I've witnessed the employees turn away people looking for a simple systems or 'Nemo tanks'.
They recently began dealing with local coral vendors (aside from having direct Fosters and Smith), and they don't distinguish, a frag is a frag. Not uncommon to see named zoas and SPS for $15 - $30 (per plug, not head).
I'm guessing not all Petcos are equal.

That place hasn’t had 100% functional AC in nearly 5 years, when you walk in the AC unit is sitting on the floor by the front windows.

Every summer the place overheats and most everything ends up dead, it’s gone down hill over the last 2 years and is beyond dirty. I know hoarders who have less clutter.

The owner bought out the tanks from precious pets last year IIRC for the freshwater livestock.
The coral tanks are always plagued with pests, this past summer they had Flatworms nearly a 1/4” long and I’m not embellishing.

I’ll put it this way the place is not even 10 minutes from me and I’d rather buy livestock from petco!
Same here it's 10 minutes away and I only buy dry goods there. It's a shame because the place has potential

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Got a Petco by me with the staff being knowledgable.
Bought many a fish and coral there and always top quality.
I've witnessed the employees turn away people looking for a simple systems or 'Nemo tanks'.
They recently began dealing with local coral vendors (aside from having direct Fosters and Smith), and they don't distinguish, a frag is a frag. Not uncommon to see named zoas and SPS for $15 - $30 (per plug, not head).
I'm guessing not all Petcos are equal.

That’s awesome!