• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Almost Emergency!

Plastic dip is amazing, it's a plastick in a bottle spray the fix you made and it should never rust unless you peel sections off. I spray my car rims with this stuff and it holds up it everything.

Well, it's better than a bar clamp with a red solo cup at the end so people don't walk into. I will need to check out the Plastic Dip, I am actually seeing if I get a titanium company we do work for to make the same part, then I will be good to go regardless but it is at least a good temporary fix until I figure things out! :)

That would be a really sweet brace in all titanium. I was thinking if you knew a welder he could weld a new brace for you out of aluminum keeping light weight. if you replaced the whole brace instead oof just the section it would be like a brand new tank. once again I'd spray the aluminum so it doesn't corrode

You know I have a cousin who is a welder at a different company and he was saying the exact same thing this afternoon. It would look like one of those retro tanks from the 60's lol, although I think they may have used stainless.

Always great to know a welder! I have a buddy that's a welder we fabricated a frame for my cabinet and a pull out stand for an ato tank I'll send pics later. I think you can make something stream line and real nice.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

50e97717538f96e96ef6a7754809f7dd.jpg
e1882333c4f61371df731fe205fe2d04.jpg
1e69e838b72a45e9ee481fb98e685e53.jpg
4c7d82dde807e52148a3ba6dd16d9c5c.jpg

The tank came with a Marineland modern stand which was not the one it normally comes with. we took out the center shelf built an aluminum bar frame to support the tank and still be able to use original shell. It the frame we made a mount for my dual reactor. The stand originally had one small glass door so we oversized it and added a second, both of them open out away from each other giving me plenty of room to work with. The 10g ato tank is on a small frame that can be taking out so I can change my reactor. if you look closely enough to you can see how it looks in when hinges are exteded. I hope you like and I hope it give some creativity and ideas to fix your rim. I think you could keep it real slim and stream line.

Nice, I have a couple ideas. Several years ago I made a stand for my old 72 bow, it was a bit of a challenging making a bow with angle but our shop had a makeshift straightener that we used for its opposite purpose, we curved the angle with it, it was pretty sweet. So I may use that to make it.

That is pretty sweet best of luck and I would like to see the results. And yea I'm sure curving angle is quiet fun. [emoji38]