• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anemone Isolation :)

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, my wife had some of these small, glass, suction cup planters to put on the windows for 'cute factor'.
In doing some research on freshwater stuff, I found people using these things to mount freshwater plants on aquarium walls.
I thought, 'Why not do that with corals, or better yet'...

IMG_0900 2.jpeg

NemJar.jpeg

Last edited:

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
People Europe use them for men's as I am in a FB site and many readers are from there. I commented once wound they wonder out and apparently not as often as you would think. I find that interesting as why they felt comfortable enough to not roam.
Let's know how it goes.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I’m interested in how it works out. I have 10 in a clear box, and they won’t be free to roam anytime soon.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Had to separate the porcelin crab from his anem.
In the cup, after target feeding, it's actually pulling food out of the anem's mouth, which looks quite traumatic, and the anem doesn't have as much retreat space to get away.
Anen still in there though.

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
HA! I great minds or marketers, at least, think alike.
Its still in there and seems quite happy.
Have a green rock anem in another one and it also seems cool with it

.IMG_0917.jpeg

erics210

NJRC Member
Mine were supposed to arrive on the 8th. WOW. Just got them.
Tossed one in as a test. May need another piece of rubble in there for shelter...if needed.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I have just one stupid question, what happens when the glass gets algae on it and you can’t see your nem anymore?

erics210

NJRC Member
I would imagine...pop it off the suction cup...take out nem...clean it off and toss nem and glass jar back in...I guess since I have a second. I could just transfer him and then soak the other.

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_122132662.jpg
    IMG_20200403_122132662.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 3

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I would imagine...pop it off the suction cup...take out nem...clean it off and toss nem and glass jar back in...I guess since I have a second. I could just transfer him and then soak the other.
That’s what I would figure but Rhett really don’t like being ripped off things. Could get bothersome.

those cups are good for a while but if the anemone is not happy in the spot it will move eventually, in my wife tank she got one for her nem, and it was not happy and keep moving all over the place