• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Animal trappers?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Anyone here one, or does anyone know one?

Got some squirrels in the attic.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the offer. I've got a neighbor with a few of them I'll borrow this weekend.

When you catch one, you should parade the successful capture to all the other squirrels. "Squirrels, Ye be warned"

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
My son suggests that we catch one and display its skeleton as a warning to others. He's 6.

Sorry for the late response. Been busy as Central Command for family and friends affected by the hurricanes.

I'm a longtime Wildlife Rehabilitator. One of these best animal deterrents is a radio set to a station with human voices or heavy metal. Put one in your attic. The noise will scare them and cause them to flee. Also, an owl decoy will keep them away. Spray your attic with a natural bug spray such as Eco-Smart that contains peppermint oil. They hate the smell and it will kill any fleas or lice they may have dragged into your house.

If they leave babies behind, just place them in a box outside away from predators and see if Mom comes back for them in a day. If not, take them to your local wildlife rehab center ASAP where they will receive proper care. You can request that they contact you for release if you want to keep the family together.[emoji883]

Sent from my shoephone while inside the cone of silence using Tapatalk

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Sugar gliders. Caught one, unsure if theres more, but the scratching has stopped.
Thanks for the advice RS. We bought mothballs. In youre experience do they work?

Sorry I missed your message. Be careful with mothballs. They are old school toxic and carcinogenic. Anything with menthol should do the job just the same without the chem trail. Is your attic still clear? Keep an eye out and plug up any entrance points because 'tis the season! ~[emoji767]8>o

Sent from my shoephone while inside the cone of silence using Tapatalk