• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Annenome help

Yea the over flow is taken care so my clowns don't go in there, they are about 6months old so they are tiny. Power head I'll have to figure some way to get it covered. The nem has just been rolling around so far, but I'm worried since it's been a about 2 weeks now and he has not taken hold anywhere. I see them in the LFS and they are all attached almost as soon as they get them

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OK I will try that out, I have tride different things, I used a large conch shell to give its foot something good to sit in and I've tried a large barnacle shell, and he didn't like either of them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Agree with above. Keep in mind most generic LFS do not have full flow in their tanks. Also, nems should be kept in well established tanks, but, regardless, in the past I've turned off my powerheads for a night. It gives the nem a chance to attach somewhere. When its found a place, start the powerheads up again on a low setting and gradually increase over a few days, the nem will walk the rocks till it finds its place. Even if you cant kill the powerheads (if you've got heavy SPS) it isn't uncommon for them to float a bit, attach, not be happy, release, float again, etc...

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I had two nems. my first one took hold within 48 hours until I had to pull out rocks to get a fish out (long story there) then he spent a good 3 to 4 months moving around the tank to different locations until he finally took hold. My other nem took 2 hours to take hold and he only moves across the face of a rock I put him on. The basket could help but I would suggest just let him find the spot that works for him. Just hope he doesn't kill any corals in the mean time.