• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Another LFS closing down

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Pets Plus in Hazlet will be closing their doors after 30 years. No exact date yet.
Sad to see more mom & pop stores shutting down. Roger, father and son, are good guys.

it sucks right now and it will take a few more years b4 it gets any better...a lot of big nane stores r closing 2 like coconuts and fyi .....

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Mark. Someone else opened a new pet store on 35. Across the street from PeP Boys, on the same side of the HYWay

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Mike, been there already. It another chain store. Just some fresh water fish, birds, a few reptiles and small animals.
Some items are good prices and some not.

Bought my first SW fish at this place back in 91- 2 blue damsels, 2 stripped damsels, & 1 domino. Used them to cycle my 40g.

R

reseter5

sad it is ..its my cousins store.... increased rent.. lower sales due to chains... that new store is owned by some guy wo owns a bunch of supermarkets...its nothing more than another petsmart.... sad indeed...

reseter5 said:
sad it is ..its my cousins store.... increased rent.. lower sales due to chains... that new store is owned by some guy wo owns a bunch of supermarkets...its nothing more than another petsmart.... sad indeed...

yeah this type of store will not exist much longer. the chain places will rule the pet industry with the exception of stores to cater to a particular niche like a AO, AF, etc

i use to work in a store like this when i was in high school

R

reseter5

Just got the word. 50% off supplies.
25% off filters and lights
20% off fish

As of right now

Bring cash