• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Another TV Question

I made reference to this show in a previous post, but did anyone besides me ever watch the show Guppies For Groupers on PBS back in the 70's? I was kinda young I'm guessing about 12 yrs. so I don't really remember much about it- except that it somehow was able to hold my attention for a half hour every Saturday. Even when I Googled it, I kept getting "Did you mean puppies for groupers?" I was hoping for some success on Youtube but no luck.
Another head scratcher from back then was WPIX's Creature Double Feature also on Saturdays I believe, where the hand came out of the quicksand and gobbled up the title of the show. I swore I was just imagining THAT until I saw a clip on Youtube.

I remember Creature Double Feature CHILLERI thought that was on ABC, the good ole claymation, wasn't their also a dead stick tree next to the hand?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I remember Creature Feature and that low rumbling voice that said "CHIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEEER". And if I remember correctly, the hand had six fingers on it.

I don't know anything about the first one, though.

{beat me to it Tom!}

When I did a Youtube search for Creature Double Feature I realized I was wrong. It was called Chiller and great job remembering the hand had 6 fingers!! I forgot about that. As For the Guppies show, I must have been a much bigger geek than I thought. Must have been the only kid watching PBS on a Saturday afternoon ;D

While searching Youtube for Chiller I found lots of cool 70's memorabilia. I forgot WABC used to show a movie during the week at 4:30. When I started watching Magic Garden clips I knew it was time for bed.

I remember the magic garden ;D I personally liked HR puff and stuff better and the buggaloo's (I had a crush on the blonde)...LOL

God I feel old :(