• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

I'm going to miss Anthony Bourdain. He seemed to be a kind soul who enjoyed celebrating all cultures and people. I always thought, "That's a guy I want to party with..."

DangerDave

NJRC Member
I'm a fan also. Sad to hear the news of how it went for him. Goes to show you never really know what someone is going through.

There has to be a better way to deal with depression then taking your life. Me personally I feel that a very selfish way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I really didn't know of this guy but the rate of Depression and Suicide is skyrocketing the last few decades...More so since 1999... The increases exceeded 30 percent :/...If anyone suffers from Depression and are having bad thoughts or you know of anyone suffering... Please seek help or call this number or chat online
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Home

Suicide rates rise sharply across the US, new report shows

Suicide rates rise sharply across the US, new report shows - The Boston Globe

The_Codfather

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There has to be a better way to deal with depression then taking your life. Me personally I feel that a very selfish way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When the pain of depression is that deep to some people it's the only way to end it...nothing to do with being "selfish "...Unless you have been in that situation you'll never know

horseplay

NJRC Member
Clinical depression is not the same as getting depressed. We are an affluent society. Once the basic needs are satisfied, sometimes people have a hard time finding a reason to live.