• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any Car Audio Nuts?

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Did you purchase yet? If not, look into Crutchfield. They sell quality and high end systems at very reasonable prices.
They also get the model of the car and the units youre installing and make you a custom waiting harness which makes installation a breeze.

Thanks guys, I know enough to be dangerous from small projects over the years. dDont need a louder system just better quality mids and bass. The stock honda systems has zero bass quality. 6.5 inch speakers no matter the quality will struggle to have good bass quality due to the size. So i will installing a single 10 inch subwoofer. Think i will be using a line out converter because i dont feel like ripping into the dash just for more bass. After some research looks like most of the mainstream brands are not great, much like the reefing world. So think i am doing a single 500w rms 1o inch sundown sub and american bass amp. Does anyone want to help install the sub wiring for some food and beer haha.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ah. Look into a Kenwood KSC-SW11. Affordable, bolts right to floor, easy install. I put one of these in my Jeep and was blown away by the quality of such a small and affordable unit. Even with the top off it still kicks the mids and lows up very nicely. Highly recommended.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I agree with @Mark_C look into Kenwood they are some nice systems for a good price. I used to tinker with car audio but have not done any of that junk since high school . Now I handle the AV stuff at my job and will be heading to some high end audio training in April. I been learning how to deal with and program DSPs sorry for the little side track there.