• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any idea what these are?

I'm finding more and more white dots on my tank walls

I think it's left by the snails overnight as they clean the algae but I have no idea

I also think I found a baby snail....are these dots eggs? Poop? Mineral deposits?

Should I clean them or leave them?

Thanks all!

2a8f035c7d59f6a849f9f5ce0a8ef63a.jpg
14221538865e43172ce892a36dec1272.jpg
17da51465eb67987cf89e8202e66954a.jpg
2cd87e1561e25903623a3f41da638aec.jpg

2cd87e1561e25903623a3f41da638aec.jpg

first pic are nerite snail eggs.
second pic is a limpet snail
the rest of the pics are spirobid worms. totally harmless - but if you get enough, might look like your tank is snowing all the time. Ha ha ha.

first pic are nerite snail eggs.
second pic is a limpet snail
the rest of the pics are spirobid worms. totally harmless - but if you get enough, might look like your tank is snowing all the time. Ha ha ha.
Thanks !

Wow seems like it's snowing already. Tank is only a few months old and now there are pods all over the place...maybe I should stop playing Marvin Gaye on loop when I leave my place.

i would scrape them all. There is no way the snails will be able to successfully reproduce. the only ones I've ever seen do that are those limpets - and they just magically appear whenever they feel like....like a bad case of indigestion. HA!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think you have a couple things going on there. The first picture is not close enough to say what you have there. The second pic, I'm guessing a baby stomatella....a good thing. The rest of your pictures....the small spiral things, I'm guessing spirorbid worms...harmless filter feeders.