• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any ideas on this sump?

I'm getting ready to glue this thing together but before I do I wanted to have a few of you sump Gurus check it out and let me know if you can improve on it...

I have this wet/dry filter (Thanks Stan) and I thought I'd make use of it
So far I cut a few baffles to fit using the same thickness plexi as the sump.

The floor of the Bio ball chamber is now solid and will be sealed with weld-on 4 I also added another chamber in the Bio ball area for a DBS
but I'm not sure how much space I want to tack with that just yet.

On the top of the DBS I have (5) 1/2" drain holes that came from the factory. On the other side I'm going to add 2 baffles but I'm not sure witch one to have open (on the bottom) I'm assuming the first one past the DBS...

On the return I wanted to split it with a T (or a Y if I can find one) to get lower flow going into the fuge (using 1/2" PVC and a Ball valve) and higher flow to the sump.

What do you think? will it work alright or do you have an idea for a improvement ..Please don't hold back I only want to do this once...lol and if someone has a better idea for this I would love to hear it...

Heres a pic of what I have so far...the return pump and skimmer are for illustration only..

2128439410_c69c31cfd4_o.jpg

Plain B

2149526782_6911f7854b_o.jpg

Forget about that last baffle (the black line top to bottom)

I would shorten the last baffle. That's a high drop for the water and will create a lot of bubbles.
If you need to use table saw for any cuts let me know.

Thanks Jose.. I didn't cut the baffles down to size yet, Sorry for that confusion...

My biggest concern is the baffle(s) on the bottom (if needed)(the sump side)
The water level on one side will be about 5" and the other side (with the skimmer & pump)
will be around 9"+- Does this thing make any sense? I'm limited on space so I'm trying
to maximize it..