• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Any1 wants cleaner algae pack?

I want to buy some inverts/ cleaner for my cube and JasonR recommended Reeftopia. They have a special and if anyone is interested splitting it with me as I dont need that much. We split the cost and split the inverts . If so pls post or pm me .. I can have it deliver to my work 07054 and you can pick it up on the day it arrive.thanks

here is the link for the special
http://www.reeftopia.com/Reeftopiaspecials.html

Mod I am not sure if I am in the right forum . Pls free to move it .. thanks

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd recommend using a sponsor if at all possible. They support us so lets support them. BTW....Reeftopia doesn't want NJRC's (as a club) business anyway.

I recommend tb aquatics or one of our other fine sponsors.

Good Luck

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
REEFLECTIONS said:
don't want our business how? like wouldn't do a group buy? seems like bad times to turn down business

They have told us that our group buys are too big and indirectly that they don't want our business. Typically on a group buy with them we'd wind up in the lowest price tier for most of the stuff we were buying. That annoyed them because I guess they never figured it would happen that way. Also, it "appeared" to be too much work for them to try to do on a given day, no matter how much lead time we gave them. As a result, they got really nasty with us and started implementing a bunch of rules and restrictions, like each individual order had to be for a minimum quantity, no odd quantities allowed, no more labeling of bags, no more shipping to more than one location, no more free box charges, plus we had to enter all of the orders manually on their site as well as THEIR spreadsheet which didn't fit all of the orders and couldn't be altered in the least. They would not accept the nice neat reports that our database generates. No matter how hard we tried to comply with their requests they'd get more and more belligerent until it got to the point where we refused to do business with them.

Probably more info than necessary, but that's the history with them . . .

Steve,
Don't waste your time and money, most of their Turbo's are short lived, get the Banded Trochus Snails or otherwise known as the black foot turbo, they live 2-5 years and can right themselves if they fall off the glass or a rock. I know Steve at aqua oceans had them but it's a bit of a ride for you. Check with Will at AO maybe he can get them for you or maybe another sponsor.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I agree if they don't want our business why give it to them. Times are hard and I am sure another distributor would be happy to have us as a customer.

ok my invert buy will not happen.. thanks for the info.. I am just trying to get the best deal as some of you guys also looking for..

Steve - If you are still interested, I would be up for chimming for an small order of Trochus and narsirius (sp?). I could stop by your workplace. It might help drop the shipping costs.

Please pm me if you are.
Thanks

boontonbob said:
Steve - If you are still interested, I would be up for chimming for an small order of Trochus and narsirius (sp?). I could stop by your workplace. It might help drop the shipping costs.

Please pm me if you are.
Thanks

Sorry bob not ordering anymore.. thanks

mott768 said:
Steve,
Don't waste your time and money, most of their Turbo's are short lived, get the Banded Trochus Snails or otherwise known as the black foot turbo, they live 2-5 years and can right themselves if they fall off the glass or a rock. I know Steve at aqua oceans had them but it's a bit of a ride for you. Check with Will at AO maybe he can get them for you or maybe another sponsor.

Will is supposed to get some more in soon. I was just in today complaining about turbos.