• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anybody have protips on getting MP10 foam covers clean?

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I am soaking in vinegar I guess that will work. Do must people just toss?

I guess I having a nutrient issue because about weekly mind could use a good cleaning.

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I think I can make the meeting this Saturday - I dropped off last few weeks. Getting back to work was hard, but I am making better progress. PT 3 times a week, and exhausted from all the new walking.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Yea I figured as much...but cool. Glad to see you are still around

I don't see a need to rinse the foam in vinegar btw, just a good rinse should do

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yea I figured as much...but cool. Glad to see you are still around

I don't see a need to rinse the foam in vinegar btw, just a good rinse should do
Finally did my first tank cleaning on my own last night. Took apart protein skimmer, mini-max reactor, and return sicce pump and got them up and running.

I had a sizeable water drop- 78-9 to 75-76 guess I need to heat my water before change.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Finally did my first tank cleaning on my own last night. Took apart protein skimmer, mini-max reactor, and return sicce pump and got them up and running.

I had a sizeable water drop- 78-9 to 75-76 guess I need to heat my water before change.
That's a must...I normally mix new salt water cool/cold 1st for a few hours then heat it when I'm ready for a WC

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Per MP10 covers, I run them under tap water and squeeze the heck outta them until water runs clear.