• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone ever been to MACNA?

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We hosted Macna in 2009. It's similar to Rap just a lot more focus on speakers and as of now local clubs throw the event. I've been to four of them over the years they are a good time for sure.
Sounds awesome wish it was a less hot time in New Orleans

Definitely might do it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We have been to several and they are really worth going to. Besides the fabulous speakers and vendors, getting to meet and hang out with other fish geeks is really the highlight. MACNA is different from RAP in that people going to MACNA generally are traveling there and staying all weekend so there are lots of offsite activities going on and opportunities to meet other people. RAP gets some of that but MACNA feels "bigger". We have not yet pulled the trigger on MACNA, but I think we are going to as well. Can't wait for RAP either, they are both unique and worth going too.

Russell Bennett

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We have been to several and they are really worth going to. Besides the fabulous speakers and vendors, getting to meet and hang out with other fish geeks is really the highlight. MACNA is different from RAP in that people going to MACNA generally are traveling there and staying all weekend so there are lots of offsite activities going on and opportunities to meet other people. RAP gets some of that but MACNA feels "bigger". We have not yet pulled the trigger on MACNA, but I think we are going to as well. Can't wait for RAP either, they are both unique and worth going too.

Sounds awesome, and I love New Orleans. I think I am going to have and try and make it work. I really regret not checking out speakers at RAP.