• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone familiar with coins and their value?

I have a 1971 Silver Dollar with a crazy stamp in the middle of the coin. Looks like it was made that way.
1971-2denteddollarrear.jpg

1971-1denteddollarface.jpg

Not a coin expert, but the stamp on the eagle side looks like someone just stamped on a symbol. The dent on the heads sides looks like someone beat up the coin. I could be wrong, but it just looks like a coin that some people had some fun with.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
+1 The coin also looks like it’s in pretty rough shape….like it was on a road where multiple cars/trucks drove over it. I know it couldn’t have been a train, because we use to do that when I was a kid, and the coin would have been flattened.

As far as it’s worth, I’ll give you a buck for it, and not a penny more! :p

I used to be into coins a LOT. Any coin that is printed with error is very expensive. You can usually find out by getting a coin price book and it will tell you how many are printed with a specific error.

Just found out it was a print error. There are several out there. Apparently, this thing is worth a substantial penny. Just not sure where to go with it. the guy who gave me the info is in NY and is not familiar with anyone in the area. I may post it on ebay and just see what happens.

It is worth exactly 1.00, it's damaged, but when I embelish the story of the bullet, the convenience store, and the hero it's gonna go up!