• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone have the kamoer x1 doser?? Im having issues!

So I have 2 x1 dosers. Just took them out of the box today to set up and I downloaded the app, my bluetooth on my phone is on, I cam see both dosers in my bluetooth screen. When i go into the app and hit find doser it comes up with none found. I'm at a loss and cant figure it out.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

I had trouble with mine, and after a while of starting over and over it just popped up.
I tried for about 3 hours. Nothing. Driving me mad. And of course its sunday, so no customer support, tomorrow is a holiday. Ugh lol. I got my kamoer wifi doser up and running, that's dosing my red sea trace colors.. should have just got another one of them. Lol. But I got 2 of the x1, and poop. Lol. These are gonna run my red sea coral nutrition, I even made a mini fridge to hold the bottles with doser lines going through it lol.

Attachments

• 20200215_104638.jpg
    20200215_104638.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200215_104633.jpg
    20200215_104633.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200214_152232.jpg
    20200214_152232.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Did you try deleting the app then reloading again.
3x, I even did the same with the app 3x.. reset my phone, unplugged the dosers and waited before plugging them back in.ive cycled the bluetooth on my phone as well. I do have a new phone, it's the samsung note 10+ but not sure if that matters.. I can see them on my bluetooth list when I open the bluetooth in settings on my phone. It shows both dosers. but when I open the x1 app it says no device found.

There was a thread on reef 2 reef about people having problems with them and new I phones. Coralvue had to update the app for them.
Thought I remembered seeing that
.. I made a thread on r2r before here and tagged jeff at coralvue in it, and the reef squad. But i guess everyone is off today lol
Hopfully its just an easy download i can do or something. I really dont want to keep measuring and dosing. Hate that. Its y I spent a fortune on a calcium reactor. Haha

Well I figured it out... with no help from coralvue lol. For the bluetooth to work the location setting on the device has to be on. Kinda weird but as soon as I turned it on it worked.

Good to hear.
I like the ones I have, but i dont like that you can only have a max of 12 dosings. Getting that all figured out was kind of a PITA.
They dont keep time very well. I have my calcium dosing from 0905-2005 and Alkalinity from 2100-0800. But I can hear them kick on anywhere from on time to about 15min later. Has to be something to do with the bluetooth. I am not a fan at all about that, but all is well for now until I either pick up a better doser or breakdown and buy a dreaded(by me) calcium reactor.

I love my calcium reactor. And it was and is worth every penny I spent on it. Rock solid numbers and with the kamoer peristalic pump running it measuring the exact amount your putting back into your sump makes adjustments life changingly better. Although injustice saw that kamoer just made a wifi version of this pump, for the same price, go figure 3 months after I bought this one lol. But that's how it goes. And another nice part about it is you never have to worry about a needle valve clogging up from salt.

I have a jebao wifi 4 head (79$) running my red sea trace colors. 1ml 1x a day
And 2 kamoer x1 running the nutrition. 10ml 1x per day. It would have been alot nicer if they were wifi but well see how well they work.

Btw did you buy that saw on r2r? Lol I was gonna get it but my wife would have killed me.

Good to hear.
I like the ones I have, but i dont like that you can only have a max of 12 dosings. Getting that all figured out was kind of a PITA.
They dont keep time very well. I have my calcium dosing from 0905-2005 and Alkalinity from 2100-0800. But I can hear them kick on anywhere from on time to about 15min later. Has to be something to do with the bluetooth. I am not a fan at all about that, but all is well for now until I either pick up a better doser or breakdown and buy a dreaded(by me) calcium reactor.

I might need a good how to when it comes time.
Last time I went with the well touted MTC Pro Cal and carbon doser. All was perfect until the day I cleaned out the reactor, and topped off the media. It was a sharp decline from there and all went to hell. Ended with me getting out completely

I might need a good how to when it comes time.
Last time I went with the well touted MTC Pro Cal and carbon doser. All was perfect until the day I cleaned out the reactor, and topped off the media. It was a sharp decline from there and all went to hell. Ended with me getting out completely
The reactor I got was huge. I've only melted about 15-20% in about a year and a few month since it's been up and running.

Heres my setup. I run a co2 controller and run the unit at 6.8ph with the kamoer running 28ml/min into the sump. Keeps me at 8.0dkh for a while when I had higher nutrient levels I was running 10.5dkh, same ph setting but was at 42ml/min

Attachments

• 20181223_121803.jpg
    20181223_121803.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 2
I was looking at the mini fridge pic and saw the lines coming out the top off it. How are you going to stop the stuff in the lines from going bad cuz it's not being refrigerated. I was gonna do something like that with a fridge but have a water line from the tank run through the refrigerator and have the dosing pump dose it to that. The dosing would be in the fridge so everything would stay refrigerated but never did because it was going too be to much work.

I was looking at the mini fridge pic and saw the lines coming out the top off it. How are you going to stop the stuff in the lines from going bad cuz it's not being refrigerated. I was gonna do something like that with a fridge but have a water line from the tank run through the refrigerator and have the dosing pump dose it to that. The dosing would be in the fridge so everything would stay refrigerated but never did because it was going too be to much work.

My thought is since it doses every day and theres only about 2 ml in the lines, and I dose 10ml of each daily. Thinking that what's in the lines are minimal and really shouldn't go bad overnight. It's more about the 1000ml bottle going bad as a whole over the months it would take to dose the entire contents.

There are actually people on r2r that dose this without refrigeration (I wouldn't) and say they have not had any adverse effects and havent noticed the color is smell changing.