• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone here into cars?

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
As if reefing wasn’t an expensive enough hobby! Here’s mine, a MK. 7.5 GTI. Does anyone else drive something interesting?

975ad7eb675f34bc7ee54b3e6fb75a9f.jpg
8a12042e1badd345658dfdf9978acd50.jpg
1b3599597a4222af7dd892e35b56cac6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a hatch back fan myself. Got a focus St, with all the bolt ons. Also have a 1962 Ford ranchero. That has a straight 6, 3 on the tree. Its fun classic and a useful pick up when I need to haul stuff.

I use to build cars before I got married and had a kid. I had a 02 Ford lightning with a built motor that ran 11.6 at the track. 12 years ago that was fast for a street car not anymore you can buy a brand new cars that go that fast now. After that I built a 91 bronco 2 on one ton rears, stretched the frame, dual transfer cases on 44 inch tire that was a fun truck. I sold that and bought a 65 ford f100 2wd that I put a 5.0 in it lowered it 5 inches replaced a bunch of metal on it but it's been sitting for couple years haven't had much time after having my daughter and getting addicted to saltwater. Found a video of the bronco before it was finished. tanks.

Last edited:

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hatchback man myself, I use to have a built up 97' Honda Civic Hatch and a slightly modded 02' Lexus IS300 - Unfortunately don't really have time to tinker on cars anymore. I just recently grabbed a Toyota Corolla Hatch - not much vroom but gets the job done.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Nice VW! I'm largely into cars myself. As my name shows, here is my 94 Supra TT 6 speed. Here are photos of my baby. They are a few years old. Haven't taken new ones in a while.

Awesome, I’m a big Supra fan myself. Love the black.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
I’m a hatch back fan myself. Got a focus St, with all the bolt ons. Also have a 1962 Ford ranchero. That has a straight 6, 3 on the tree. Its fun classic and a useful pick up when I need to haul stuff.

I really like the focus, I nearly got one before going with the GTI instead. FBO is pretty serious stuff too.

Nice VW! I'm largely into cars myself. As my name shows, here is my 94 Supra TT 6 speed. Here are photos of my baby. They are a few years old. Haven't taken new ones in a while.

View attachment 20291 View attachment 20292 [ATTACH
I really like the focus, I nearly got one before going with the GTI instead. FBO is pretty serious stuff too.

[QUOTE I also considered the GTI. The focus is good enough thought. It’s just right for the around town driving. Im averaging about 4,000 miles a year. It really doesn’t get to stretch its legs out much.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
IMG_3940.jpg

My 2000 Wrangler, 'Solo's Bane', custom driveway paint job, straight 6, a 'downgraded' ax-15 transmission we had to jam in there, and 4:10 rear axle. Starting to use this a bit more so going to swap out axle for something more reasonable. The 4:10 can pull a house up a mountain, but I can be in 5th with pedal on the floor and I'm lucky to hit 65mph.

And just traded in that Odyssey for an Acura TLX.