• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone own a Regal? What do you feed it...

I have a new one, 2 week old. He does not look thin, but he seems picky. I have tried the following to see something that he actually goes after:
Ocean Nutrition:
Angel Formula
Pigmy Angel formula
Green Seaweed Selects
I have also tried small pieces of Krill and I think Mysis...(white tiny shrimp)

I am keeping only acitnics on to redece stress, Definitely not getting picked on....only tank mate is a purple tang in a 150 gallons. He looks great...Just trying to stay ahead of the curve....any thoughts..

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I have had one for 2 years, in a 300 gal reef. They need lots of live rock to graze on, they feed off the sponges on it. If you have it in a bare tank it will not survive.

When I first got mine he ate mysis and Ocean nutrition frozen angel formula initially, now he eats everything. You may also want to try chopping up a fresh clam, to stimulate his appetite, just make sure you freeze it overnight to kill any bacteria that may be in it. Good luck.

iv had a red sea regal for close to 3 years. its all most 9in its in a 125 with a 7in majestic. it eats cockle, squid, clam, marine sponge, and absolutely devours jumbo mysis (and flakes lol). if its not eating well try some garlic additive and soak the food in it. usually does the trick.