• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone repair or have Somone repair or have an idea

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Hey guys so i got myself into alittle pickle i found a tank that has small chip in its glass doesn’t look like the seal is actually broken but definitely strain to the glass
Any companies or people on here that can repair it?
My general idea was to creature a 3 by 3 square from think glass and just silicone it with heavy duty marine silicone the corner

This is roughly what it looks like

Attachments

• IMG_0125.png
    IMG_0125.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
I saw this tank and it doesn’t look like it got the silicon but I bet if you did reinforce the corner with 1/2in glass then fill it up and watch for a couple weeks cover with sand and keep an eye on the cracks but always a risk

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
i myself would turn that into a reptile tank. too risky.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Or just replace the panel spend 300 bucks and bring the panel to a custom glass shop
Think that’s how much a panel would roughly cost me? I called some glass places no one really wants to do it i even called IM to see if i csn buy the piece from them they said no lol

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
Think that’s how much a panel would roughly cost me? I called some glass places no one really wants to do it i even called IM to see if i csn buy the piece from them they said no lol
They won’t seal it no that would be on your end I think if you cut the panel out and bring the panel they will make you that piece custom made then you would have to reseal the tank yourself

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Do you guys know if these 250lb suction cups would work to lift this thing up? I have 2 of them or you think i need 4 just in case?

Attachments

• IMG_0137.png
    IMG_0137.png
    811.3 KB · Views: 1