• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone use Sketch Up?

I downloaded SketchUp yesterday to work on my set up but i can't figure out how to make the pipe bend... So can someone tell me how to do this. I think i figured everything else out just not this.
Thanks

Well I've seen people who used sketchup draw their PVC layout and i was wondering how i tried the circle thing but just makes up, down, left and right so how do they make the bends and stuff

Have you tried the "Follow Me" command?
It is a tool that will allow a circle to be extruded to the profile of any line you draw or edge of an object.

I teach pre-engineering to middle school students and we just started using the program to introduce them to CAD this year.

It is much more user friendly commerical CAD software.

Kenny Z.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Use arcs and lines to draw the path of the center of the pipe. Draw a circle around the end of the pipe using the end of the line as your radius point. Be sure the surface crated by the circle is perpendicular to the path line. Select the line, select the follow me tool, select the circle. (or vice versa) I'll check the order brb.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
yea its select path, select tool, select surface. You can easily create a hollow pipe by off setting the outside circle 1/8th or so. Delete the inner surface. Select the surface between the two lines to extrude. Bang! Hollow pipe!