• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Anyone using well water??

I have the 4 stage BRS DI filter. I noticed on well water the DI resin turns brown quick but the TDS is still 0. Left it and kept using for my 22 gal. Now that I upgraded I decided it was time to change the filters so I did. Changed everything including the DI resin and after about the first 5 gallons the bottom started turning brown and then gradually after about 90 gal its all brown. TDS is zero mind you. Not sure whats causing it. Would like it to turn brown after its officially exhausted as opposed having to read the TDS everytime.

I have the 4 stage BRS DI filter. I noticed on well water the DI resin turns brown quick but the TDS is still 0. Left it and kept using for my 22 gal. Now that I upgraded I decided it was time to change the filters so I did. Changed everything including the DI resin and after about the first 5 gallons the bottom started turning brown and then gradually after about 90 gal its all brown. TDS is zero mind you. Not sure whats causing it. Would like it to turn brown after its officially exhausted as opposed having to read the TDS everytime.
Your well water CO2 is exhausting the DI resin, this is normal for well water and unless you de-gas your RO water before it goes through your DI resin you will always have this problem.
I use well water and the way I do it is by collecting RO water in a container while running an air pump with an air stone to get rid of the CO2 in the RO water, after no less than 24 hours I pump the RO water through the DI resin canister to another container.
This way since there’s no more CO2 in the RO water your DI resin will last a lot longer.